Diagnosing a plant problem can be a difficult task, especially if you are new to the plant & gardening world. We understand and that's why we’re here to help!
Discovering the root cause
Many of the same symptoms can be caused by different problems so that's why it’s best to evaluate the whole picture in regards to your plant’s care when trying to diagnose an issue. Sometimes the issue is the plant’s care or environment, while other times it is an external factor such as a pest or disease.
Helping you find answers to common plant problems
We’re happy to help you diagnose your plant issue through email or social media! When you reach out to us, please try to include some or all of the following information for faster diagnosis:
- How long have you had the plant
- How long have you been experiencing the symptoms and/or damage
- A brief description of your care for the plant, including how frequently are you watering, how much light and what time of day is it receiving, direct or indirect light, etc.
- Any relevant, recent changes made to the plant’s care or environment such as a change in location, repotting or newly planted in the garden, your home’s AC or heat turned on, introduced grow lights, recent fertilization or spray treatments, etc.
Some photos to include:
- Up close photo of the damage or symptoms
- Photo of the entire plant
- Photo of the plant in its regular home in relation to its environment (nearby windows, building structures, large trees, etc.)
Please ensure your photos are clear. It is preferable to have them in focus, rather than closer to the damage but blurry. We will get back to you as quickly as we can, but please keep in mind that sometimes it requires a few different staff to diagnose issues and that can take time. We appreciate your patience as we get back to you.